Acetylcholine is one of the most important chemical compounds used by the brain in the formation of memories and for learning and is derived from another compound called Choline. Alpha-glycerylphosphorylcholine, more commonly known as Alpha-GPC is one of the best sources of this brain boosting choline.
Alpha-GPC can be found naturally in milk, eggs, cheese, yogurt, and eggs, however the dosage contained in these foods is not enough to increase cognitive function. The Alpha-GPC we use in our products is purified from soy lecithin and is quite rich in choline.
Alpha- GPC also protects your body's cells, not as antioxidant but in the pivotal role of an osmotic pressure regulator and metabolic antitoxin. Alpha-GPC for osmotic regulation can influence very high concentrations in the kidney, bladder, liver, brain, and other organs. As the metabolic protectant, Alpha-GPC safeguards proteins against urea buildup.
GPC is a major basin for cell membrane omega-3 phospholipids. These ingredients are the major building blocks for cell membranes. Enzymes join Alpha-GPC with the omega-3 fatty acid DHA, to make the phospholipid PCDHA. This makes membranes particularly liquefied, enabling membrane proteins to perform with better efficacy.
Benefits of Alpha-GPC
The compound provides the following consistent benefits to its users:
- Regulated acetylcholine levels
- Sharpening of the memory
- Increased sensory perception
- Increased focus and attention
- Increased efficiency of motor functions
- Supplements choline deficiencies
- The antioxidant behavior of alpha-GPC helps in reducing the free radicals that cause unnecessary stress in the brain.
- Damaged cholinergic and acetylcholine systems may be repaired.
- Increases the natural process of human growth hormone levels (HGH).
- Repairs and helps in the development of muscle tissue
- Protects neurons and improves signal transmission