The Wim Hof Method is a practice that the Smith brothers live by. Founded by a Dutchman named Wim Hof, the practice is focused on three core principles: Cold Therapy, Breathing, and Commitment.
By practicing the Wim Hof Method daily, the brothers are able to achieve increased energy, better sleep, and heightened focus and determination. The brothers have found that in their years of practice they notice reduced stress levels, greater cold tolerance, faster recovery and increased creativity.
The Wim Hof Method is a very straightforward practice that involves Wim Hof's breathing technique and a cold exposure regimen.
You can watch Koa explain his routine and his practice of the Wim Hof Method in this video from Stab Magazine.
The Brother Nature Beginner Wim Hof Method
1. Lie on the ground or sit with your back straight.
2. Inhale deeply, pulling in as much air as you can using your diaphragm.
3. Exhale fully but not forcefully; simply let the breath go.
4. Repeat inhales and exhales for 30 to 40 rounds with your own rhythm.
5. On the last round, exhale and then hold your breath until your body feels the need to breathe.
6. Inhale deeply, then hold your breath for ten seconds.
7. Repeat steps 3–6 for three or four rounds.
8. After your final round, hop in a cold shower. On your first try, stay under the water for 30 seconds, then gradually increase until you reach three to five minutes.
And Check out Wim Hof himself at www.wimhofmethod.com!